– 500g white fish fillets
– 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
– 35g (1/4 cup) cornflour
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
– 1 egg, lightly whisked
– 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
– 50g green beans, finely chopped
– 80ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
– Lime wedges, to serve
– Sweet chilli sauce, extra, to serve
– Sides: anything you like, please see our sides page here for easy to prepare sides. We mean easy, we try to stick to store bought sides, we’re fishermen here at Avenger Fishing Charters, not chefs!
– Place the fish in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add the coriander, cornflour, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and egg, and process until well combined.
– Transfer the fish mixture to a large bowl. Add the shallot and beans and stir until well combined.
– Get your sides ready, cooking the fish cakes doesn’t take long!
– Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
– Place 4 egg rings in the pan. Divide the fish mixture into 8 equal portions. Press 1 portion into each egg ring.
– Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
– Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining fish mixture, reheating the pan between batches.
– Serve! I make a couple extra to eat cold the next day for a snack on the boat.